Sunday, February 28, 2010

Understanding_Love@pop_corn_and_ice_cream.crap

After enduring the torture that was "theeratha vilayattu pillai" starring Vishal and some random hotties, an interesting thought popped ( Damn! that reminded me of pop corn now... mmm yum.. the correct amount of salt and spice.. the soft white cover that melts in your mouth..with a tinge of butter..I am going to go and make some now!) .. anyways where was I? Yes, pop corn.. no I mean an interesting thought popped(here we go again) into my mind. At the end of the film Mr."Theeratha vilayattu pillai" claims to have understood the "true" meaning of "love" and apologizes for his errant ways. So, love. What is love really? It certainly is not what we see in the movies where the protagonist usually lands the most beautiful woman in the film. ( seriously I would like the lead actors to romance an average looking woman for once.. That would really be something new in this country.) So after concluding that movies cant teach me about love, I resorted to our old friend, the dictionary or dictionary.com to be precise. After finding no less than 14 meanings (as a noun alone), I went on a rigorous process of elimination, settling on the one that summed up almost everything present.

LOVE-a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.

So, love is a feeling. agreed. But of warm personal attachment or deep affection? To a parent , child or a friend. As I do not understand any of those relationships with any sort or clarity, I decided to apply love to something that I do understand very well. Food. I love food. Now doesn't that sound perfect? I really love food. I cannot see love fitting as well in any other sentence. Wait, I actually can. How about, I love Ice-Cream. Of course, everyone loves ice-cream(well, at least most of them..). In other words, a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection for Ice Cream. But wait! Ice cream is not warm,(its ice cream for gods sake), It certainly is not personal. I mean, I meet it and spend a maximum of 5 minutes with it. Hard to get personal in that short period, (of eternal bliss), and I am not attached to ice cream, as I mercilessly devour it. So all I have managed to conclude is that it is not possible to define love by using ice-cream as a means.

Love is such a common term used for so many purposes, that it is going to be hard job defining it.
But my real question is, why love? why not "like" or "adore" or "affection" or a million other words. What makes love so unique?
What is so special about LOVE?

Now I dont know what you are thinking but that seemed to be a pretty good line for a strong and emphatic finish. bye LOVE u all...

PS: I can perfectly understand, if u feel that you would rather watch "Theeratha Vilayattu pillai" than read this crap. I might feel it too if I read it tomorrow.

MORAL: Dont ever blog when you are hungry .

4 comments:

Paro said...

po daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ivane!

amshuman.r said...

please dont blog when you are hungry, this was like a bad b-movie, where you keep waiting for the good part to come and it never does..

But as in every b-movie it did have an awesome punchline 'a short period of eternal bliss'

That rocked. Looking out for a stomach filled blog in the near future that will quench my hunger too...

Unknown said...

maybe this blog is like love.. rarely has a good part..

test said...

ippo theliva enna dan sollara??