Thursday, March 18, 2010

Z

Do you believe in "love at first sight"? I certainly did not until it happened to me. Love was a concept that I did not get, then or now (proof of which can be seen here). But on this occasion I could feel it. A jolt through my veins. My heart skipping a beat. Eyes caught in a spellbinding trance. All the ominous signs that have been covered in zillions of films over the years. It had to be love. Yes, I had fallen in love. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

If you are wondering, yes I am still awake. What I meant was, I was in love with "Z", the letter. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen. Here I was wondering about the singularity of "A", the steadiness of "D", the artistic beauty of "H", the brutality of "R", the slyness of "S", the necessity of "W" and the mystery surrounding "X" only to be completely blown away when the teacher said, "Z for Zebra".

And I knew why. People rarely use it. But when used, it leaves an impression on your tongue that nothing else can ever do. It was more than any alphabet. It represented everything different. It was like the X man of the alphabet universe. And it was no surprise when it was chosen to be the main representative of the greatest number in the whole world, Zero.

A lot of people may disagree with me on this. But, to me, it just has to be the greatest (english) literary invention of mankind. Long live "Z"

A lot of people envy Zinedine Zidane for his footballing skills. I envy him for something totally different.

2 comments:

Over the Top of the Bottom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Over the Top of the Bottom said...

i dono where u get al these from...!!
Example cited at last was a gud one..